A dispute with respect to commercial or residential real property or a real estate transaction presents numerous challenges for a purchaser or a vendor. Fortunately, the experienced real estate lawyers at Hamilton Duncan can help. We are lawyers who are dedicated to solving even the most complicated real estate disputes by the most cost-effective means possible, whether that be by way of trial or by alternate dispute resolution, such as arbitration or mediation.
Our lawyers have experience in resolving all types of real estate disputes, including:
- Disputes arising out of the purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, including issues with respect to lease renewals, rent increases, termination, and eviction
- Disputes arising from undisclosed deficiencies in property, and other claims for fraudulent and negligent misrepresentation
- Issues with respect to charges registered against title to real property, including certificates of pending litigation, caveats, liens, and other encumbrances
- Claims of builder’s lien
- Disputes with respect to easements, rights of way, and statutory building schemes
- The enforcement of mortgages or lines of credit registered against title to land by foreclosure
We act for a wide variety of clients, including personal and corporate real estate investors, office and retail landlords and tenants, individuals who are selling or purchasing commercial and/or residential real estate, and developers of commercial, multi-residential, mixed-use, and office properties.
In addition to providing real estate litigation services to our many corporate and personal clients, we have successfully resolved lawsuits for one of the leading developers of multi-residential properties in Surrey.