James is a corporate/commercial and wills & estates lawyer who has practised law since 2007.
James advises clients on forming or buying a business, leasing, employment matters, shareholder agreements, loan arrangements, reorganizing and selling a business. He is experienced in the preparation of commercial and residential loan security for banks and credit unions.
James also advises clients on their estate plans and prepares wills, trusts, powers of attorney and representation agreements, and handles applications for probate grants and letters of administration. For his business clients, James advises on succession planning. He holds a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation from the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
On real estate matters, James works with clients on the acquisition and sale of land interests and related matters such as financing and due diligence.
Before becoming a lawyer, James worked his way through university at a range of different jobs and took opportunities to work and travel abroad. He provides diligent and responsive service in a straightforward manner.
James is a past chair of the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce and spends most of his time outside the office trying to keep up with his three young sons, coaching their teams, playing competitive soccer and advocating for autism awareness.
Inquiries from prospective clients are always welcome.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Banking Law Section, CBA, BC Branch
- Business Law Section, CBA, BC Branch
- Real Estate Law Section, CBA, BC Branch
- Wills & Estates Law Section, CBA, BC Branch
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Director and Membership Chair, Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council
- Division 1 Coach and Director, New Westminster Soccer Club
- Chair, Past Chair, and Director, New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, 2012-2017
- Board advisor, Burnaby Neighbourhood House, 2009-2012
- Affiliate, SFU Venture Connection (Surrey), providing pro bono advice to student entrepreneurs, 2011 – 2013
- Director, Calgary Cinematheque Society, 2007 – 2008