Marta Miazek joined Hamilton Duncan as a litigator in 2020. Her practice primarily focuses on estate and trust litigation and she has experience with property, business, collections, and insurance disputes.
Prior to joining Hamilton Duncan, she articled at a national full-service firm where she assisted clients in a range of litigation disputes. Marta is skilled at distilling complex issues and drafting persuasive arguments which enables her to represent clients diligently, with a view to finding efficient and just solutions to their legal matters.
Marta obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree with distinction from Simon Fraser University. She holds a Juris Doctor degree from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University. During law school, Marta took an exchange semester at the National University of Singapore.
Marta grew up in Surrey, B.C. and loves working in and for her community. Outside of the office she enjoys watching foreign films, and spending time with her two exotic cats. Marta also enjoys travel and has visited more than 40 countries. She is fluent in Polish.
- Carl Goldenberg Prize, Dalhousie, Schulich School of Law (2016)
- Gerald Godsoe Award, Dalhousie, Schulich School of Law (2015)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Surrey Bar Association
- Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association, BC Branch, Executive
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Dalhousie Branch, Policy Drafter (2016)