Respect is the key to my relationship with my clients. I learn from them, they learn from me, together we prosper.
James Stewart is a senior commercial lawyer and former managing partner at Hamilton Duncan. His practice focuses on all aspects of business and real estate development.
James has practiced in Surrey since 1980 and has been a resident here since 1995. He is a highly active member of the community and he regularly volunteers his time for various boards and fundraising activities. James has a passion for building relationships, seeing both his clients and his community grow and prosper.
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Surrey Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- In partnership with the Business Improvement Association, watch James Stewart talk about the potentials of Downtown Surrey here.
- Chair Emeritus, Board of Governors – Simon Fraser University
- Chair, SFU Surrey Community Advisory Council
- Board Member and former Chair, Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association
- Governor, Surrey Board of Trade
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Club International
- Surrey Community Leader of the Year, 2010
- Former Chair, Health Tech Innovation Foundation
- Former Member, City of Surrey Environmental and Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Former Member, Mayor’s Health Tech Working Group
- Former Member, Health Care Practitioner’s Special Committee For Audit
- Former Member, Community Advisory Committee, Surrey Winter Shelter
- Former Member, Community Advisory Committee, Boulevard Shelter
- President, Surrey Board of Trade, 2009 – 2010
- Director and Vice-President, Surrey Board of Trade, 2000 – 2009
- Former Vice-Chair, Child Development Foundation
- Former Chair, Centre for Child Development
- Former President, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Canada
- Former Chair, Legal Services, Surrey 2012 BC Summer Games
- Former Director, Abbotsford Airport Authority