Accidents can happen anywhere, including at work. There is no way to prevent them all of the time, but there are proactive steps that can be taken to reduce the number of WorkSafeBC incidents that occur.
At Hamilton Duncan, we strive to ensure our clients are protected and compliant with WorkSafeBC. We provide step by step guidelines to minimize the amount of workplace accidents, bullying and harassment claims, as well as fines for non-compliance. Receiving the best rate group classification, navigating entitlement issues and appeals, and more are all a part of what we do to serve our clients.
In the event that a claim is filed, know that Hamilton Duncan is right by your side. Filing a is a complex task alone, but we are here to make sure all the appeals, entitlement issues and any other demands are looked after with your interests in mind. Our goal is to ensure we manage the complexities and inform you on what to expect and be prepared for in the claim’s process.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Free 30 minute consultation
- Employers’ obligation to register
- Employer classification for assessment purposes, and experience rating
- Strategies to reduce insurance assessments
- Employer notification obligations regarding workplace injuries and occupational disease claims
- Workers’ Compensation claims adjudication and appeals
- Workers’ Compensation wage loss and permanent disability pension benefits
- Applications for workers’ compensation claims cost relief
- We help to reduce claims through proactive accident prevention (such as review of policies and procedures, and training), and the development of effective claims management systems.
We understand that lowering workplace accidents not only creates a safer environment for employees, but it also reduces the employers’ bottom line. This is why our lawyers attentively work with you towards your goals of reaching a successful outcome. If you have any questions or concerns about a recent claim, feel free to reach out to Kelsey or any one of our lawyers.