Sunny is a corporate commercial Partner at Hamilton Duncan. His areas of practise include corporate, commercial, real estate and banking law.
Sunny advises a wide range of clients from owner-operated businesses to large corporations spanning several jurisdictions. Regardless of the size of business, Sunny is dedicated to providing his clients with prompt, effective and efficient service.
Sunny has extensive experience in a number of areas including mergers and acquisitions, corporate plans of arrangement, corporate reorganizations, franchise matters, fiduciary obligations, corporate governance, partnership and shareholder agreements, independent contractor agreements, supply/distribution arrangements, real estate transactions, commercial leases and equity and/or debt financings.
Sunny has worked with legal counsel across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, has advised publicly traded companies and brings extensive experience through his work with a prominent downtown Vancouver law firm.
In 2012, Sunny was assigned to work at the offices of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC where he provided practical legal advice to management of the club.
Sunny’s specialization in economics at the University of British Columbia and his business law distinction from the Schulich School of Law (Dalhousie University) allows him to bring a practical and business-minded approach to his practice. He can also provide services in Punjabi.
- Chair of the Surrey Board of Trade Business Excellence Awards Committee
- Member of the Canadian Association of University Solicitors
- Chartered Professional Accountants BC Seminar, “Shareholders’ Agreements: Common Issues and Practical Tips”, June 2019
- BC Legal Innovation Forum, “The importance of regional hubs in the current and future contexts for the B.C. legal sector”, December 2018
- Seminar, “Tax and Legal Aspects for Private Corporations,” November 2018
- Chartered Professional Accountants BC Seminar, “Special Legal Considerations: Purchase and Sale Transactions”, May 2018