Chelsea’s practice focuses on estate and trust litigation, including control of remains, challenges to the interpretation or validity of a will, appointing or replacing an executor, division of property and entitlement, representation of adults (Committeeship), and estate accounts. Chelsea has represented clients in all levels of BC court, including Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal. She has experience representing clients in administrative tribunals and alternative dispute resolution procedures.
Chelsea Dubeau originally joined Hamilton Duncan as a summer student in 2014 and returned to complete her articles before being called to the bar in 2016.
Before becoming a lawyer, Chelsea spent eight years in the public sector working within the community of Surrey, enjoying an active role in one of the fastest-growing cities in the Fraser Valley. She currently sits as a member of the Executive of the Surrey Bar Association, as President and Membership Director.
Chelsea enjoys running, baking, and winning trivia night with her friends and colleagues in her spare time.
- Bowling Estate (Re), 2022 BCSC 369
- Klotz v Funk, 2019 BCSC 817
- Vinepal Estate, 2018 BCSC 806
- Canadian Bar Association BC Branch
- Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Professional Women’s Network
- Surrey Bar Association (Past President)
- TRU CBABC Mentorship Program, Mentor